It makes life easier to have Telerik Test Studio set up such that it is able to run remote tests after a server restart. Since this isn’t well documented on the Telerik site, I’m sharing my notes here. Please let me know if you have anything helpful to add.
- Log in to server with a dedicated testing account.
- Run Telerik Test Studio installer – login with testing account.
- After installing, under Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features select Telerik Test Studio and click Change.
- On the Welcome tab, select the Next button, then click the Change button.
- Under Select features, ensure that Storage Service and Scheduling Server are set to Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- On the Ready to change screen, click the Change button.
- A screen discussing Database Setup may display. This can be closed (I used defaults).
- Since this is running on a server, deal with any alerts that object to the browser being used to navigate to the websites being tested. It’s probably a good idea to whitelist internal addresses such as intranet addresses, dev addresses, staging addresses, extranet addresses, and external addresses.
Note: Be sure to include the HTTPS version of any secure site URLs or the tests for those environments will time out.
- Ensure that the testing user account is set to auto-login on machine reboot.
- After starting Test Studio on the server; in the system tray, right click Test Studio Test Runner and then click Show.
- At the bottom of the Execution tab, ensure Run on start up is checked.