- Press the Xbox button on your controller (the round silver button with the green “x” on it) to bring up the Xbox Guide.
- Navigate to the Settings tab on the far right.
- Select the Profile option at the top of the list.
- Select Sign-in Preferences near the middle of the list.
- In the Messenger Auto Sign-In section, select either On or Off, then press the Xbox button to return to the screen you started from.
Using this method you can set your Profile Auto Sign-In as well as your Messenger sign-in status. The benefit of auto sign-on with messenger is that any friends with Messenger on their phones or computers will see that you are playing Xbox and be more inclined to join you for a gaming session.